Orbot: Proxy with Tor app is a free proxy that is powered by Tor and helps maintain anonymity while browsing the internet. The Tor encrypts your requests and sends it through a series of servers to help retain your anonymity. The specialty of the application is that it provides you secure access to the internet and exempts you from network surveillance.
The article will guide you in how to install Orbot: Proxy with Tor app on your desktop and laptops and surf the internet with full freedom. In this tutorial, we will be using the BlueStacks Android emulator for downloading and installing Orbot.
The application powered with Tor enables you to search websites that are blocked, hidden or monitored completely anonymously. Furthermore, the routing application provides for private chatting which helps maintain confidentiality and privacy.
With all that being said, let’s take a look at how to start using the application on laptops or desktops.
Installing BlueStacks on your PC
Before we begin the step by step tutorial to help you download Orbot: Proxy with Tor app on your Windows or Mac laptops we will require you to download BlueStacks. BlueStacks is an Android emulator that enables the running of Android applications on your computer. BlueStacks is freely available for both Windows and Mac and can be installed easily.
Here is a step by step guide for installing BlueStacks on your Mac or Windows-powered computer:
- To begin with, you will need to download the BlueStacks executable file specific to your Operating System.
- You then need to click on the downloaded file and install the emulator by doing as instructed by the BlueStacks installation wizard.
- After you are done installing BlueStacks, you will be required to sign in with a Google account in order to download applications on the Google Play store.
Downloading and installing Orbot: Proxy with Tor app for Windows and Mac
There is no distinction between installing Orbot on Windows and on Mac. Both Orbot for Windows and Orbot for Mac can be downloaded and installed using the steps given in this tutorial.
Installing Orbot is easy and quick after you are done setting up BlueStacks on your Computers. Here is a step by step guide to download and install Orbot: Proxy with Tor app:
- The first step in downloading and installing Orbot is to fire up your BlueStacks emulator by double-clicking on its icon.
- Navigate to Google Play Store in BlueStacks and search for Orbot: Proxy with Tor app.
- Click on the application listing and begin the downloading process. Sit back and wait for the download and installation process to finish. After that is done the application is all ready to be used.
An alternative way to download and install Orbot: Proxy with Tor app for Windows and Mac
In case you fail to download Orbot through a Google Play store search you can follow the steps given below:
- Download the Android package file from the internet. You will easily find the file via a simple Google search.
- Right-click on the downloaded file and open it with BlueStacks or just double click on the installed file.
- In doing so, BlueStacks automatically starts downloading the application and once done the application is ready to use.
You can fire up the application to shield your privacy and browse the internet securely with full freedom.
My name is Georg, I’m a full time App & Web developer who loves to create new digital content for blogs and social medias.